Finely levelled using the reading recovery approach, Talk About Texts integrates the teaching of reading, vocabulary and oral language skills into one rich and effective program which will help you to save time and achieve more. The Talk About Texts resources seamlessly integrate a number of oral language instructional strategies to teach the four elements of talk through your guided reading sessions: listening and responding, building vocabulary, having fluent conversations and questioning.
At a glance
- Student Books
- Teacher’s Editions corresponding to each Student Book. The compact guide provides everything that you need to get started with this exciting and highly interactive guided reading approach!
- Teacher Guide, including Digital Teacher Resources and Flashcards for each year level
About the series
- Full coverage of text types, enabling students to build robust comprehension skills across a broad range of texts
- Links to other learning areas of the Curriculum, including Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, and The Arts, allowing you to match texts to your teaching topics and students’ interests
- Post-reading activities at the end of every book, providing opportunities for students to develop personal responses to the text by thinking, talking and writing
- Quality professional development is integrated in quick and easy to digest formats to save you time
- Each book comes with access to Digital Teacher Resources, including videos of best practice classroom footage and advice
- Neat flashcards containing Vocabulary for Talking and key sentence frames to teach and embed the academic vocabulary which is systematically introduced in the Teacher’s Editions
- Practical assessment resources including rubrics, tracking grids and student activity sheets
Watch our ‘Story time’ series, where Andrew Jeffrey reads some of our favourite Talk About Texts titles out loud: