Raising a Reader – our mission to support you to get all children to develop a love of reading.
Over four days in May, we invited literacy expert Charlotte Rance to run a week of webinars where we explored how to develop effective reading skills in young learners, both in the home and classroom.
Over the course of the week, we…
• Unpicked the skills children need to start reading in English
• Explored potential barriers to reading with a focus on reluctant readers
• Understood how reading can open doors to cross-curricular learning
• Discovered activities, projects and techniques that support reading in class and at home
• Built a strong school-home connection through reading
Charlotte gave attendees a range of practical reading tips and skills through the
lens of the Talk About Texts series, a rich and effective program which utilises both fiction and
non-fiction titles to teach reading, vocabulary and oral language skills.
You can catch up on the sessions via the links below!
Session 1 – watch here
Session 2 – watch here
Session 3 – watch here
Session 4 – watch here
Missed some of our earlier webinars? Catch up below:
How to become a fantastic phonics teacher – an introduction to fast, fun, synthetic phonics
How can assessment help me to know where my students are and what support can I give them in Primary Maths and Primary Science?
Blended Learning – how to teach in the classroom and at home to achieve the same outcomes in primary science