Bar Modelling is a powerful and versatile strategy that lends itself to a wide range of mathematical problems.
It draws on the CPA approach by helping students progress from exploring problems through concrete objects to pictorial representations.
Max Maths Bar Modelling Book 1
Introduces the bar modelling concept and how it can be used to great effect in your maths classroom by using a step-by-step approach.
- Practical problem-solving strategies for children in stages 1 and 2
- Worked examples of the key types of bar modelling that occur in stages 1 and 2
- Practice questions with clear solutions
Max Maths Bar Modelling Book 2
- How to introduce bar modelling to your classroom for the first time
- Practical problem-solving strategies for children in stages 3 to 6
- Practice questions with clear step-by-step solutions
Watch our video below for support teaching the Bar Modelling method:
Check out our blog posts on Bar Modelling here:
Pre-teaching for bar modelling